11-year-old child has died after he had an allergic reaction to the smell of cooking fish, officials believe. Camron Jean-Pierre died at a residence on East 82nd Street, Canarsie, in Brooklyn, New York City, on New Year’s Day, police told Newsweek. The child and his father, Steven Jean-Pierre, had headed to Brooklyn from New Jersey to visit his grandmother, the New York Post reported. The pair entered the home as cod was being prepared for dinner. Overwhelmed by the fumes, Jean-Pierre fell unconscious.